This recipe serves 2. You can easily double if you have a family to feed!
- 500 grams of chicken,
- 2-3 small zucchinis
- 2 big fresh tomatoes
- 1 large garlic bulb
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 brown onion
- Salt and Pepper
The how to:
- Preheat over to 180deg
- Cut your chicken into cubes and set aside.
- Cut your tomatoes in half & then make a little cross-incision in the middle of each half
- Cut your garlic into quarters & stuff a quarter of garlic clove into each tomato half (shown right)
- Peel your onion & chop it in half
- Throw all ingredients into a cake dish ready for the over (or if you make a larger batch you can use an oventray)
- Roast your sauce ingredients for about half an hour or until soft.
- While the sauce ingredients are roasting, make your zoodles (zucchini noodles) with your spiralizer and steam until tender (but not mushy)
- As you’re roasting and steaming, fry your chicken cubes in olive oil until tender.
- Once the sauce ingredients are soft, put all ingredients into a high speed blender except the rosemary as you will need to remove the stems first. You’ll find that the leaves just crumble off the stem now that they are oven dried.
- Add the rosemary leaves to the blender and pulse on high until smooth.
- Add the sauce to your chicken in the fry pan and mix through.
- Serve the bolognese chicken on top of your steamed zoodles and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
NUTRITION TIP: Keep the water you steamed your zucchini in and drink it chilled or add to your favourite smoothie – that way you’re not wasting any water soluble vitamins that might have dripped through!