I made this chutney to take around to my sisters for Christmas lunch. As planned, it went perfectly with both the Christmas ham and the cold pulled-chicken. My husband also put some on his hamburger as it came off the BBQ. So its quite a versatile little condiment!
- 2 ripe mangoes, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 red capsicum, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 1/2 of a large red onion, chopped into 1 cm piecies
- 1 garlic clove crushed and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- The juice of 1.5 limes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
The how to:
- In a large frying pan, heat coconut oil on medium and saute the garlic and ginger until soft.
- Add the red onion and red capsicum and saute for another minute.
- Add the chopped mango, lime juice, curry powder and cayenne pepper.
- Continue to saute until the capsicum, onion, and mango are soft, approx 5 min.
- Turn heat down to simmer until the chutney thickens.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight jar in the fridge.