How GOOD is salted caramel chocolate? Actually, how good is salted caramel anything?! A few weeks ago I tried the Lindt salted caramel dark chocolate and I was in culinary heaven! Its so delish! Problem is, when I went to go get some more a few days later, I flipped to the ingredients list and cringed. Dammit! It contains both artificial colour and flavours and its high in refined sugar (unlike some of the Lindt dark chocolate range). I was pretty devo to say the least…
Well, as you can imagine, I decided to make my own! Couldn’t be that hard right? Turns out, it really isn’t. 3 ingredients and 10min of my time. Win!
- 1 block of Lindt 90% dark chocolate
- 3 medjool dates
- Approx 1 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a loaf tin with non toxic baking paper
- Place your block of chocolate at the bottom on the loaf tin
- Cut the dates into small pieces (approx 1cm or smaller)
- Place the date pieces evenly over the block of chocolate and then sprinkle with salt (don’t be shy with the salt)
- Put into the oven until the chocolate is melted and the dates are starting to brown on top. This will take around 10min.
- Remove from oven and place in the fridge to cool.
- Cut into desired pieces and enjooooy!