Now that I have stopped using toxin laden beauty products, I don’t often get to pamper myself with delicious smelling body products that leave my skin feeling silky smooth and well attended to. That is of course, until now! I decided to experiment with making my own body scrub and I’m telling you, I’m onto a real winner with this! Not only does it leave you feeling well and truly pampered (and smelling rather inticing) but I have included some skin loving ingredients that make it well worth your 10 minutes of invested time to create it in your kitchen at home (just incase you needed some more convincing! wink wink)
Coconut Oil – Naturally and deeply nourishes the skin and it has plenty of vitamin E to aid skin damage such as burns, cuts, scars, etc.
Coffee - Caffeine has a stimulating and tightening affect on skin (often used in anti-aging products).
Castor Oil – A naturally astringent oil that helps to tone the skin. Yes please!
Sugar - Perfect for exfoliating the skin.
Epsom Salts- Ie Magensium Sulphate (a naturally occurring mineral from Mother Nature) is known for easing stress and relaxing the body as well as relieving muscle pain and aiding is detoxification. Nifty little ingredient!
Vanilla – Because it smells great…
This body scrub is easy to make, it’s perfect for those on a budget and with a little extra love, it looks fantastic! This Christmas, I’m committed to being a Conscious Consumer, so a few of my favourite babes are getting a jar of this home made, eco friendly, DIY shower-goodness-in-a-jar for Christmas, the lucky devils. Maybe you still have a few gifts to get sorted? Simply soak some old jars in warm water for an hour and then scrub off the labels, add a little ribbon or raffia and bob’s your uncle!
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1/3 cup finely ground coffee
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Oil (add extra if mixture is too dry)
- 1 Tablespoons Castor Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Epsom salts
- 1 teaspoons natural Vanilla Extract
The how to
- Place the sugar, coffee and epsom salts in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir with a fork or the back of a spoon until combined and moistened. Add additional coconut oil if the mix is too dry.
- Store in a recycled jar or air-tight container
- When you are ready to use, if required, pop into the microwave for 30sec or so to soften the mixture and turn upside down to allow the oils to redistribute evenly (naturally, the oils will collect in the bottom of the jar/container).