This warm salad is a combination of salty halloumi, sweet pear and tangly lemon. Serve it warm straight from the pan or chill in the fridge for later.
- 1 bunch of broccolini
- 8-10 thin slices of organic halloumi
- 1 beurre bosc pear, cut into thin wedges
- 1 Tbs pine nuts
- 1 small lemon
- 2 knobs of butter
- 1 tsp raw honey or rice malt syrup
The how to:
- Saute your broccolini in a knob of butter over medium heat until par cooked then set aside
- In the same pan, add the halloumi and squeeze in half a lemon. Fry until golden. Set aside
- Use a paper towel to give the pan a quick wipe out to remove the remaining lemon juice. Add another knob of butter and 1 teaspoon of honey. Once combined and bubbing, add the pear. Cook until just soft (don’t cook too long or it will become mushy)
- Arrange on a serving plate then sprinkle the pine nuts over the top. If you wish, squeeze a little lemon juice over the salad.
- Serve warm or chill in the fridge for later.